The Cuppa was hosted by me, Viveshni aka Madame Macaron.
As the chatter of ladies filled Hashtag I could feel that it was going to be a great afternoon. There was a little bit of a space issue but like I had asked in the invite, people did bring an open heart and we made it work.
The ladies were given the first 45minutes to get themselves something to eat and drink. (Did I mention that Hashtag sponsored all the beverages!!) The items up for auction and raffle were also on display, so the ladies had a chance to have a look at them and buy raffle tickets as well.
I had decided to do the raffle a little bit differently, so jars were placed in front of the items up for raffle and the ladies could buy a square of paper for R10 that they could write their name on on put in the jar for the item that they wanted.
The speakers for the day were:
Marlene Pretorius from the Cancer Association. She chatted to the ladies about breast cancer, the signs of breast caner, how to do a self examination and also on the environmental causes of cancer. All the ladies attending the tea were also offered a free breast exam at the Cancer Association located on Umbilo Road. I was presented with a certificate or recognition for hosting the Cuppa.
The second speaker was Dr.Nishani Maharaj from the Aesthetics clinic in Umhlanga. She spoke to the ladies about the available aesthetic treatments available and also sponsored a voucher for a chemical peel that was auctioned off.
The fun part of the afternoon was definitely the auction. I have to say that the woman at the tea were amazing, giving way above and beyond my expectations, with a great deal of the items being won for more than their retail value.
It wasn’t only the adults bidding but the kids at the event got in on the action as well.
Here is a breakdown of the winning bids and the items won.
- R500 – Hamper from Hashtag Awesome Bid R400
- R500 – Hamper from Rain Africa Bid R400
- R550 – Polo Ladies Purse from Gopal’s Luggage Bid R700
- Angel Heart Sterling Silver Necklace&Bracelet Bid R650
- R770 – Le Creuset Whistling Tea Kettle Bid R700
- R260- 2x Le Creuset Mugs Bid R350
- Designer Arm from Trinket Trove Bid R300
- R500 – A full makeover from Exclusive Brides Bid R350
- R690 – Sheba Dress from Captive8 Value Bid R300
- R500 – Voucher from Aesthetic Makeover Studio Bid R350
- R600 – Hair care hamper from Perfect 10 The Crescent Bid R400
- R400 – Moroccan Hair Oil Hamper from Perfect 10 – The Crescent Bid R300
- R500 – Baking Set from My Go To Girl Bid R400
- Hamper of Dove Products Bid R300
These were the items up for auction
- Angel Heart Sterling Silver Bracelet
- 3 Way Wrap from Trinket Trove
- Pedicure voucher from Perfect 10- The Crescent
- Hair Styling Voucher from Perfect Hair- The Crescent
- Book Hamper from Bargain Books
- Goodie Box from Peg &Pencil
- Macaron hamper from Madame Macaron
The spot prizes were 2x Necklaces from Shimmer
Here are some of the winners 🙂