Valentines Day is tomorrow, and if the procrastinator in you has you stressing over a Valentines gift, stop, take a breath and buy it, book it or bake it 🙂
You can save yourself by buying a subscription to the Macaron of the Month Club. It’s the gift that keeps on giving.
Choose between a 3, 6 or 12 month subscription, and feel the love every month when a box of 12 macarons is delivered to your sweethearts doorstep.
Click here to place your order and we will email you a voucher that you can print out a present as your gift. Could it get any easier!
Why not make up for your tardiness by booking a romantic dinner for 2 at one of these Southern Sun restaurants and take it up a notch by booking to stay over for only R995 per room for 2 people sharing, breakfast included. The prices are per couple and in my opinion are amazing value for money.
Contact them to make your booking on +27 31 362 1300 or email email@example.com
If you’re more of a DIY gifter and you’re looking for something to put a smile on your loved ones face, why not try these amazing Red Velvet Brownies, adapted from from Sally’s Baking Addiction. They’re easy to make, taste delicious, and if your partner doesn’t absolutely love them , you may want to rethink the relationship. ( I joke 😋 ) But seriously they’re a real winner.
Red Velvet Cheesecake Swirl Brownies
Red Velvet Brownies
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (1 stick or 115g) unsalted butter
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (21g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon liquid or gel red food coloring
- 3/4 teaspoon white vinegar
- 3/4 cup (95g) all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces (224g) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius . Spray 8″ x 8″ baking pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
Make the brownie layer first
- In a small bowl, beat the 2 eggs together and then set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large microwave safe bowl in 30 second increments until melted.
- Stir in 1 cup sugar, 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, cocoa powder, salt, food coloring, and vinegar. Mix each of those ingredients into the batter in that order.
- Whisk in the eggs, then fold in the flour until completely incorporated. Do not overmix.
- Pour the brownie batter into prepared baking pan, leaving about 3-4 tablespoons for the top.
Make the cheesecake swirl.
- With a hand-held mixer on medium speed, beat the softened cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar, egg yolk, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla in a medium bowl until completely smooth – about 1 minute. Dollop spoonfuls of the cream cheese mixture on top of the prepared brownie batter.
Cover with the last few Tablespoons of brownie batter. Glide a knife through the layers, creating a swirl pattern.
- Bake the brownies for 28-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow the brownies to cool completely before cutting them into squares.
- Cover the brownies and store at room temperature for 3 days or in the refrigerator for up to 6 days.
- The brownies will freeze well, up to 2 months – Thaw overnight in the refrigerator.