Join us at our next macaron class this March in Joburg.
Find all the details and booking form here
So, starting this week I will be picking up on the blog series that I started last year. 2016 was and still is a year that has kept me extremely busy, hence the lack of activity on the blog side of things.
I will be kicking it all off with the 3rd installment of the Macaron Files, on Wednesday. If you missed the first 2, you can do a bit of catching up here…
I also have a delicious recipe from Faeema, better known as Fay in The Maze that I’ve been keeping to myself for a while now for my Blogger Recipe Series.
There is so much left to share and I am happy to have you here with me!
I’m not sure about you, but in our household Easter has become synonymous with the LINDT Easter Bunny and the jingle of the little bell around it’s neck as the kids (and adults) rip off that beautiful gold foil to get to the delicious milk chocolate inside.
The story behind the Lindt bunny is actually a cute one of someone just being an awesome dad. It was first created in 1952 by a LINDT Master Chocolatier after his son became mesmerised by a small bunny in their garden, which scampered off never to return. In order to cheer up the distraught boy, the Master Chocolatier fashioned the first ever LINDT GOLD BUNNY from the finest LINDT milk chocolate, fastening a golden bell to his neck with a red ribbon to ensure he never got lost. I think that we can all thank that little boy and his dad for helping to bring these bunnies into our lives.
LINDT is giving us all the opportunity to be amazing parents, just like their Master Chocolatier was all those years ago, by setting up an Easter egg hunt in their Lindt Gold Bunny Gardens where kids can fill up their baskets with delicious Lindt treats. The recommended age group is 4 – 10 yrs old,so I suggest you get on your kids good side, so that they share some of their spoils.What makes it even better though is that it’s free!
Take note of the dates and information below so you don’t miss out.
But wait, there’s more! ( This part really makes me wish I lived in Joburg or Cape Town)
If you are one of the lucky people in Cape Town or Johannesburg, the LINDT Chocolate Studios are offering the chance for you to bring the magic of Easter alive with this fun and interactive class, exclusively brought to you by their passionate Lindt Master Chocolatiers. First mould your very own official Lindt GOLD BUNNY followed by artistically creating and decorating an indulgent chocolate garden all made with the finest Lindt Chocolate.
The class costs R200 and is approximately 1 hour long.
For more information on the class, visit www.chocolatestudio.co.za
I will definitely be at the Easter Egg Hunt with my girls in tow! Will you be there?
2015 has been a year filled with wonderful experiences and opportunities and we are proud to be featured in the August issue of Get It Magazine (Umhlanga/Ballito ) .
A big thank you to Get It Mag and Monique De Villiers-Delport for an amazing piece.
Let us know what you think and be sure to enter the competition at the end of the article!
Jane is one of the most bad-ass chicks that I know, and there is no doubt as to why she is called GI Jane. With her Honours in Exercise Science she is no average trainer and is dedicated to helping women live a healthier and fitter life. Jane is however not just a fitness diva, she is also the creator of It’s A Bling Thing and Mielie Meisie, where women, and the men who love them, can buy jewellery, shoes and so much more, including Jane’s gorgeous, locally made clutches.
Jane shares all her fitness and health tips on her blog GIJane.co.za but today she isn’t here prescribing burpees, shes’s sharing her favourite paleo recipe for No-Bake Chocolate Chip Cream Bars with us. I saw coconut, cinnamon and mini chocolate chips, so consider me sold!
I have a very very sweet tooth but being in the industry that I am, and not wanting to gain weight, I’ve had to find healthier alternatives to some old faithfuls. I try to make paleo treats because they have less sugar and processed nasties in them so my go to girl is PaleOMG.
Here is a delish treat that is quick and easy to make.
Prep Time: 8-10 hours (includes the refrigeration of coconut milk)
Chill Time: 1 hour
*To make it easier to remove the bars, line a bread pan with parchment paper and pull the parchment paper out with the bars before cutting.
If you loved this recipe or have anything to add, please leave a comment. I would love to hear what you have to say.
Photo credit: paleomg.com
These are probably my absolute favourite homemade biscuits. This recipe reminds me of when I was little, my mom used to make them a lot and I’ve always loved their cinnamony flavour. They’ve got a lovely warm, comforting kind of taste and are pretty quick and simple to make, so no hassle! Great to have with tea while snuggled up on a cool winter day
Sugar & Spice Mixture Ingredients:
Do you love this recipe as much as I do? Let me know if you try it and for an extra bit of yum, why not add a rolo to the centre of your dough before you bake it! ( You are welcome! )
photo credit: northerncook.wordpress.com / tastykichen.com
500 3 week long school holiday the kids are back to school today and life will return to somewhat normal programming.
I have to say that although I did endeavour to take some time off and enjoy the holidays with my girls, it was a very busy period for me filled with many, many cakes, so I don’t really think that that they minded at all.
This Wednesday I will be posting Tip # 2/20 in my Macaron Files series (Know Your Almonds). If you missed the first tip you can find it here.
Then on Friday will be a healthy but delicious recipe from GI Jane in the Blogger Recipe series and somewhere in between I will be sharing my recipe for Gluhwein and my Chocolate Gluhwein Cake. So, stay tuned for an awesome week ahead!
Here are a few photos of my favourite bakes from the past few weeks.
If you’ve seen something that you like, you can always head over to our contact page and send us an enquiry or just leave a comment here to let us know which one you loved the most 🙂
1. What is your current fashion obsession? Bangles, bracelets, cuffs. All wrist accessories.
2. What are you wearing today? A superman Tshirt, joggers, Puma sneakers and a zip up hoodie
3. Hair? Faux straight ala GHD
4. Do you nap a lot? I have a fixation on wasting time, and to me a nap is essentially wasting time that I could be doing something. So no to naps.
5. Why is today special? I’m not sick after a month long case of the flu and I’m feeling much like my awesome self again. Also I got to sleep in past 8am (happy dance)
6. What would you like to learn to do? Play the electric guitar
7. What’s for dinner today? Braai vleis
8. What are you listening to right now? Years & Years – King
9. What is your favorite weather? Rainy but not super cold
10. What’s the last thing you bought? Lindt Chocolate for baking 🙂
11. What are your essentials when traveling? Comfy shoes, versatile clothes that I can reuse in different looks, GHD, makeup, perfume and of course a tooth brush 🙂
12. What’s your style? It depends on my mood but in general it’s comfortable but classy.
13. What is your most challenging goal right now? Losing weight, getting fitter and healthier but I’m working on it.
14. If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would you like it to be? Goa
15. Favorite vacation spot? Anywhere really that I can relax.
16. Name the things you cannot live without? My family & friends, my phone, data, a good pillow and hot shower.
17. How was your childhood? It was great. I was a kid in the days before technology ruled the world. It was the days when we would be out with friends playing unsupervised in the neighbourhood until supper time with no fear that we would not make it back home. So there are lots of memories of playing outside, family visits and just fun that didn’t include a screen.
18. What would you like to have in your hands right now? A cheque in my name for a bazillion Rand Euros 😁
19. What are you most excited for? Life. It’s cheesy I know, but there are so many wonderful things happening in and around my life that I can’t help but be excited for all of it.
20. If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go? Laudree in Paris
21. Which countries have you visited? Austria, America, Botswana, France, Germany, India, Italy, Malaysia, Mauritius, Singapore, Swaziland, Switzerland, UK.
Drum roll please……
A special thank you once again to all the sponsors involved and especially Jared and Zuki for making me feel so comfortable during the photoshoot even while dislocating hips and shoulders 🙂
It really was a special day that I hope I to have many more of with these phenomenal women.
If you missed the behind the scenes action you can catch up here .
If you would like to see how the other beautiful ladies looked in the single shots of their final looks ( and trust me you do!), head over to their blog using the links below.
Also show some love for the sponsors